ONGOING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
SEMIS professional development (PD) is a multi-faceted, ongoing process. We employ research-based practices to design PD that is supportive of adult transformational learning (Drago-Severson, 2008).
A typical 1-year cycle of professional development includes:
- Summer Institute
- Fall ½ day of Curriculum Planning/Project Mapping
- 2 Fall Professional Development Coalition Wide Meetings
- 2 Winter/Spring Professional Development Coalition Wide Meetings
- Monthly Liaison/Coaching meetings
- Bi-Weekly EcoJustice Learning Circle Meetings
- Spring Coalition Community Forum
- Spring Student Leadership Congress
Teachers and community partners gather with teacher educators and community leaders for eight PD days during the year, four full days during the school year and our annual four-day Summer Institute.