Each year, we design our annual Summer Institute around an ecological theme, creating a common language for engaging in deep cultural-ecological analysis, project planning, and community inquiry and action.
Summer Institute Themes have included:
- 2012: Urban Agriculture: The Story of Food, Community & Justice
- 2011: Detroit as Our Place: Ecological, Economic & Historical Stories
- 2010: Water: A Hidden History
- 2009: Interconnectedness: Racism & Ecology
- 2008: EcoJustice & Place-Based Education