The SEMIS Coalition uses research-based practices in teacher professional development and coalition building to provide sustained professional development throughout the year, culminating in a summer institute.
We also facilitate partnerships between school teams and community organizations, and provide on-site facilitation of professional learning communities, classroom coaching, and active coordination with school administrators.
As these activities take place, we are constantly assessing and evaluating our methods for effectiveness in a variety of dimensions. Please stay tuned to this section for posts about our research findings and evaluation tools.
CURRENT RESEARCH ABOUT THE IMPACT OF ECOJUSTICE & PLACE-BASED EDUCATION
- Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative
- K-12 and CBO Service-Learning Standards for Quality Practice
- Place Based Education Collaborative (PEEC)
Report on the Benefits of Place-Based Education (PEEC)
- The Center for Place-Based Education & Dr. David Sobel
- Rural School & Community Trust
- Center for Ecojustice Education: Ecojustice Review